Representing Crystal Palace FC in the community – a club with a proud tradition of developing local footballing talent, inspiring dedication, achievement and loyalty among its players past and present and with a unique and lasting relationship with its supporters through the hard times and the good.
We recognise that by delivering football based programmes with this badge and its history we have a duty to ensure our work is of the highest quality, and reflects our roots in community/family values.
Areas of focus include:
- Delivering grassroots football development courses for children of all abilities are at the heart of what we do, with over 3,000 children per year currently attending our projects.
- Advanced coaching courses and Skill Development centers across South London and into Surrey.
- Disability programmes including wheelchair football, autism and specialist coaching for young people with Mild and Severe learning disabilities.
- Women and Girls – a priority area for development within the Foundation through the recruitment and training of female coaches, female specific coaching sessions and competitive playing opportunities at local, regional and national level.
- Supporting grass roots football and community sports sector – we have a big responsibility to all the grass roots clubs in our community, which are the lifeblood of the national game.
Girls and Young Women
The Crystal Palace FC Foundation’s involvement with the Female Football Development programme is part of the FA’s wider strategy to grow participation figures for women’s football, increase the profile of the women’s game and provide equal opportunity for structured coaching sessions/expertise, as is regularly accessible to male participants.
The programme is offered to girl’s aged 14+, with an emphasis on fun, friends and fitness. The Foundation have established a wide network of links with local grassroots clubs and our sister club – Crystal Palace Ladies – to provide exit routes to participants beyond the programme.
The Football League Trust in partnership with the FA and Premier League clubs such as Crystal Palace has increased participation in female football by over 20,000 in the past year.
t: 020 8768 6047