Health and Wellbeing
Representing a professional football club that compete in the highest national League means that Crystal Palace F.C. Foundation is well placed to promote sports participation and physical activity, and a broader healthy lifestyles message, to its fan loyal base and its surrounding communities. Such initiatives are also a key part of national and regional health strategies, Sport England priorities and Olympic Legacy programming.
Areas of focus include:
- Girls/women’s empowerment programmes – addressing self-esteem and body image and
- Promoting healthy living and active participation.
- Increasing sports participation from 16-25 year olds – in line with national strategies.
- Fitter Fans, Men’s Health project
- Older peoples programmes – particularly targeting the over 50’s – following the success of our ‘Extra Time’ pilot.
We at the Foundation and Crystal Palace FC hope you will continue to support us in the journey to improve the profile and awareness of our initiatives, particularly in relation to our fans and immediate communities and to extend the support base to build the next generations fans of the club.